Updated May 25th, 2018
Hey everyone, Teela here. Just like you, I care about the use of my personal information online and I want you to have full transparency about the privacy practices implemented here at Every-Tuesday.com. Please read the entire policy to make sure you understand our practices fully.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect person data to help better understand our readers and customers, provide better content for the future and help bring a more unique experience of interacting with our brand Every-Tuesday online. We do not share your data with anyone, not even advertisers, and we also do not sell your data to any third parties. The data collected is used to identify you such as your name, IP address, and email address. Collecting this data happens in several different ways:
- Opt-In to Freebies: Your name and email address.
- Purchasing a product or course: Your name, email, billing information, and payment source.
- Comments: Name, email, and the comment.
- Join Every-Tuesday: Your name and email.
- Waitlists: Your email address.
Why we collect this information:
We collect this information to learn from it. What products does our audience like, what types of topics do they learn the most from, what online courses they enjoy the most, what courses or products do they want us to make in the future, what area of the site could be designed better, what types of free resources would our audience enjoy the most, etc. The following outlines how we ask for your information:
- Opt-In to Freebies: We will ask for your consent.
- Purchasing a product or course: We collect this information as part of a legal contractual transaction.
- Comments: We will ask for your consent.
- Join Every-Tuesday: We will ask for your consent.
- Waitlists: We will ask for your consent.
Who has access to this data:
We work with a lot of different online businesses to bring you everything that Every-Tuesday has to offer, which means they help process your personal data. The following are those companies:
- Opt-In to Freebies: Convertkit.com
- Purchasing a product: Gumroad.com – processing your payment.
- Purchasing a course: Teachable.com – processing your payment.
- Comments: WordPress
- Join Every-Tuesday: Convertkit.com
- Waitlists: Convertkit.com
If you would like to revoke your consent to be tracked, then you need to clear your browser cookies for the every-tuesday.com domain. For information on how to do this, please follow the instructions on this site.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
We keep your personal data for different periods of time depending on the reason it was gathered and if you are a current subscriber of Every-Tuesday.com
- Opt-In to Freebies: Emails – Indefinitely unless you stop opening emails (after 6 months of unopened emails, your email is removed) or if you unsubscribe, we remove your email immediately.
- Purchasing a product: 4 years for tax audit purposes.
- Purchasing a course: 4 years for tax audit purposes.
- Comments: Indefinitely use as the comment stays visible for other users.
- Join Every-Tuesday: Indefinitely unless you stop opening emails (after 6 months of unopened emails, your email is removed) or if you unsubscribe, we remove your email immediately.
- Waitlists: Indefinitely unless you stop opening emails (after 6 months of unopened emails, your email is removed) or if you unsubscribe, we remove your email immediately.
What rights you have over your data
If you have comments on our site, have purchased a course or product, signed up for one of our many freebies, newsletters, or waitlists you always have the right to withdraw your consent on any or all of those items. As with all emails, there is an unsubscribe link at the bottom that you can use to withdraw consent and stop our emails. Alternatively, you can contact us here. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
All your data is collected in the United States because that is where we are based as well as the companies we work with. All your data is collected in the United States because that is where we and the companies we work with are based. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Privacy Concerns, Contacting Us, Complaints:
You can contact us here with your request for any questions you may have regarding any of the new regulations on these policies and your personal data.
Teela and Spencer