Welcome to week 4 of holiday hand lettering projects! If you missed the last three weeks, you can catch up here and here and here 😉 This is a 6 week lettering tutorial series with the goal of gaining new lettering tricks, learning about lettering supplies you might not have used before and creating something you can use/gift right away. Every week we build on the skills from the previous week, so if you need a refresher, be sure to rewatch any of the previous videos. Check back every Tuesday from now until December 12th for a new holiday themed lettering project! This week, we’ll create 3D block lettering embellished with simple decorative flourishes. Read on to see how!
Pin it for later!
Get featured on Every-Tuesday!
If you follow one, or even all 6 projects and have used your new lettering on something for the holidays, I’d love to see it! On Instagram, tag me (@everytuesday) and use the hashtag: #holidayhandletteringproj so you can show support to others who participate, too! Feel free to follow the videos exactly or change it up to fit your style! At the end of this series (the last project being posted Tuesday, December 12th), I’ll go through all projects listed under that hashtag.
I’ll be putting together a roundup post to feature community artwork created during this series on Every-Tuesday. I’ll be linking to your Instagram account if you’re featured, so you may get some new Instagram followers as a result of being featured, too! By tagging me and/or using our hashtag, you’ll be giving me permission to feature your work here. This roundup post will be published on December 14th, so if you plan to participate, just be sure you’ve posted and tagged your artwork on Instagram by then. This should be a really fun lettering community holiday project for all of us and double as beautiful inspiration, too! There’s no pressure to create all of the projects – just completing one can get you featured – I hope you’ll join us!
Holiday Hand Lettering Projects: Week 4
Mentioned in this video:
- Tombow TwinTone Dual Markers (pastel)
- Tombow TwinTone Dual Markers (bright)
- Gelly Roll white gel pen (08)
- PaperMate Clear Point .7mm mechanical pencil
- Pentel Clic Eraser
- Fantastic Flourishes online course
Catch up on past holiday hand lettering videos!
Take your flourishes further in my online course, Fantastic Flourishes!
When creating your holiday hand lettering week 4 project, remember:
- Use the inline/outline method to make your block letters consistent.
- Choose which side you want the 3d part of your block letter to appear and maintain it throughout. When drawing the 3d portion, first draw consistent length and angled lines, then connect them.
- Color the bottom portions of the 3d letters darker than the sides to add more visual depth.
- Create opposite swirls when you begin your flourishes.
- Maintain even width when filling out your flourishing. Further embellish swirls with dots or metallic accents!
Receive special offers on courses + products, a new design file every month plus instant access to the Resource Library!
Pick up over 50 design + lettering files as our gift to you when you join the Tuesday Tribe for free!
Please check your email to confirm.