In last week’s tutorial, we created some formally bad ass sophisticated hand addressed envelopes for your classiest of occasions. In this week’s tutorial, we’re going in the opposite direction with 3 different layouts of a playful, fun and whimsical hand addressed envelope. Get your closest family and friends excited pre-event with this mailbox gift of an envelope and add a few more styles to your lettering arsenal at the same time. In this video, we go over embellishments to fit the theme, letter structure to give off the proper party vibe, and we walk step by step through a variety tips for hierarchy, layout and style mixing. Links to every material mentioned listed below!
Create a Whimsical Hand Addressed Envelope
– Black Painter’s Brand Fine Tip paint marker (I use ultra fine tip (bought in the craft aisle of walmart) – but amazon only has fine, which will work just as well)
– White Painter’s Brand Fine Tip paint marker (I use ultra fine tip (bought in the craft aisle of walmart) – but amazon only has fine, which will work just as well)
– Colored envelopes
– White recycled paper envelopes
Additional Lettering Tutorials:
– How to Create Non-Traditional Calligraphy
– Brush Script Lettering Basics
– Waterbrush Lettering Tips
– Full course: Waterbrush Lettering Essentials
Receive special offers on courses + products, a new design file every month plus instant access to the Resource Library!
Pick up over 50 design + lettering files as our gift to you when you join the Tuesday Tribe for free!
Please check your email to confirm.
sarah | April 17, 2016
Great tutorial. My natural handwriting is abominable (only mild exaggeration). Because we so rarely have to use our own handwriting anymore it has gotten even worse. I think i’ll take some time to “play” with my handwriting after watching this. Thanks for continuing to inspire and teach!