Happy Tuesday! This week, we’re going to have some fun with fall watercolor lettering!
If you saw my live workshop with Design Cuts last week, this will look familiar 😉 It was such a fun project to teach and create, I wanted to share it with everyone on my own channel this week! This tutorial uses 2 brush sets: one for the lettering and then one for the illustrations, but feel free to use any you’d like if you want to change up the style. This is very beginner friendly and in the video, you’ll learn how to apply simple watercolor effects to lettering for a realistic feel and then how to utilize wet on dry techniques within the illustrated embellishments.
Pin it for later!
Fall Watercolor Lettering in Procreate
Mentioned in this video:
- Watercolor Lettering Brush Pack
- Free color palette
- Watercolor Illustration Brush Set
- Free lettering start file
- Watercolor Lettering in Procreate course
- Watercolor Florals in Procreate course
Here’s a written overview of how to paint a fall watercolor lettering in Procreate:
- Open up the start file. To recolor, you can either color drop into your object or if you have softer edges, select the lettering layer and fill layer.
- Apply a watercolor texture to your lettering by using the smudge tool with the texturizer brush. Now apply dark edges using a clipping mask and then smudging with your semi dry wash brush. Use the smudge brush and the watercolor bleed brush to add in some water spots to your lettering.
- Start painting in your foliage with your round liner brush to create the branches. Paint in leaves and berries with the medium paint round brush. Add in some wheat elements where the branches open up and have some empty space. Draw in the pine elements and golden leaves as a space filler.
- Add in your background color and then create a new layer at the top. Choose the medium tooth brush at maximum size and paint over the top of your canvas.
Receive special offers on courses + products, a new design file every month plus instant access to the Resource Library!
Pick up over 50 design + lettering files as our gift to you when you join the Tuesday Tribe for free!
Please check your email to confirm.