Have a photograph you love and wonder how to make it into an art print you could gift or sell? In this week’s tutorial (brought to you courtesy of Yasmin’s suggestion!), we’ll create an art print based on a photograph by taking a photo of an object and recreating portions of it in Illustrator. We’ll add some watercolor texture and even a nice quote using a beautiful brush script font. This is a quick way to practice your Illustrator skills and create something personal you could gift or sell at the same time! Start by picking out a photo of an object or use the same one as I am (link below) and let’s go!
How to Create an Art Print Based on a Photograph:
These are the links mentioned in the tutorial:
– The free photograph used can be picked up here
– Watercolor Texture Kit (includes high res jpgs + transparent pngs as seen in the tutorial)
– The brush script font used is called Botanica and can be picked up here
– The affordable Wacom tablet roundup post is located here
– Pick up your free watercolor textures on this blog post
Receive special offers on courses + products, a new design file every month plus instant access to the Resource Library!
Pick up over 50 design + lettering files as our gift to you when you join the Tuesday Tribe for free!
Please check your email to confirm.