Last week, I gave away some free October desktop wallpapers and I wanted to share how I created the typography before I digitized it 🙂 I’m calling it skeleton typography, since it was inspired by Day of the Dead sugar skull designs and we’re creating some decorative ‘guts’ for our type. In this fine art tutorial, we create our skeleton typography using 4 writing utensils and a sheet of 110# white cardstock. Get creative with your own Halloween typography this year using the same techniques for any words you choose! Read on to see how 🙂
Click on any of the writing utensils below to pick them up for yourself!
– Fat Sharpie Paint marker (or any craft or office supply store)
– Gelly Roll white gel pen (or any craft store)
– White Painter’s brand fine tip marker (or any craft store)
– Gold Painter’s brand fine tip marker (couldn’t find ultra fine tip on amazon, but fine tip will work! You can also check any craft store)
– This is the brand and weight of cardstock I use
How to Create Skeleton Typography
p.s. be sure to visit my facebook page tomorrow..I feel a giveaway coming on 😉
Receive special offers on courses + products, a new design file every month plus instant access to the Resource Library!
Pick up over 50 design + lettering files as our gift to you when you join the Tuesday Tribe for free!
Please check your email to confirm.