I’ve got a 3 part ‘love series’ leading up to Valentine’s Day this year and today is tutorial no. 1! These will all be beginner/intermediate skill levels, so if you’re a more advanced user, there’s plenty of opportunity to take the designs in any direction that you’d like. This week, we’re getting things started with a little coffee date ☕️
Pin it for later!
Love Series Kick Off! Doodle Style Coffee Mugs in Procreate
Mentioned in this video:
Here’s a written overview of how to make doodle style coffee mugs in Procreate:
- Apply your background color and then paint in your mugs. Grab the inky edge pro brush and paint in a cup shape. Put a handle on the side and then repeat with the other mug. Center the mugs on your canvas and then turn off the drawing guide.
- Add a pattern to both of the cups by creating a new layer and draw in any pattern you’d like.
- Change the brush to the watercolor pro brush and paint in the coffee. Add an outline to the cups with the inky edge pro brush.
- Add a new layer to the bottom of your layers and switch back to the watercolor pro brush. Paint in some ovals to anchor the mugs. ‘
- Create a new layer and switch to the streaky paint pro brush. Change the blend mode to multiply. Draw in some steam to create a heart. To make it more of a sketchy style, switch back to the inky edge pro brush and add in some jittery lines by holding your hand towards the top of your apple pencil.
- Add in some doodle hearts around the mugs.
- Write in your lettering with the drawing guide back on, using the mono pencil pro brush.
Receive special offers on courses + products, a new design file every month plus instant access to the Resource Library!
Pick up over 50 design + lettering files as our gift to you when you join the Tuesday Tribe for free!
Please check your email to confirm.