I’ve had quite a few friends celebrate spring birthdays lately and it occurred to me that having a spring-themed illustration for those occasions would have been so handy! So if you have yet to celebrate a spring birthday, already have, or need something to send a loved one’s way, this week’s vid is for you 😉
Pin it for later!
Paint Spring Birthday Florals in Procreate
Mentioned in this video:
Here’s a written overview of how to paint spring birthday florals in Procreate:
- Sketch everything out with the sketching pencil brush. Begin by sketching where your lettering will be and then draw a half wreath where the florals will be. Change up the scale of the flowers by starting with the largest flowers first and then fill in the space.
- Start painting the daisies first since they are the biggest element. Add in some final details to them by drawing in a few orange lines to the middle of the daisies. Paint in the centers, making sure to touch all of the petals. Group all of the daisy layers together.
- Next, paint in the lilac flowers. To add in some extra texture, draw in small white circles on top.
- Begin painting in all of the stems. Preview the canvas by turning off the sketch layer.
- Paint in all of the leaves to fill out the layers and make your canvas come to life. Turn off the sketch layer and fill in any remaining gaps. Add a little bit of details to the leaves to bring them forward.
- Finish off the canvas by adding some loose lettering.
- Use your dense wash brush to paint in behind some of the elements to add some extra texture.
- Finally, add some paint splatter around the canvas as you like. Paint in a watercolor paper texture to the canvas and change the blend mode to multiply.
Receive special offers on courses + products, a new design file every month plus instant access to the Resource Library!
Pick up over 50 design + lettering files as our gift to you when you join the Tuesday Tribe for free!
Please check your email to confirm.